1.1
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

i had a credit card with Continental Finance when they offered a card ( Matrix) as a Discover card in 2012. My credit was pretty bad, and I knew it would take some time to improve, so I paid the rip-off fee of $125.00 that was to be deducted from my initial credit line of $300.00, yes, I know...AWFUL!

I received the card, and paid the fees, and used it for the first six months, and then they changed it to MasterCard without my knowledge. I continued to use the card against all better judgment, and pay the $75.00 annual fee, and the $12.00 monthly maintenance fee, on-time and without fail. The credit limit only increased by $100.00 over a five year period! Oh, and the interest rate is 30.33%!

Needless to say, there are NO BENEFITS to having this card! If you do the math, I was paying $144.00 in monthly maintenance fees and $75.00 per year, to have a card that did nothing for me once my credit improved ( thanks to other credit card companies offering me credit... Capital One ! ) I am closing this account, and am monitoring them not to hold me responsible for an $87.00 balance, because I paid the balance in full on July 3, 2017!

A full month before the other fees kick in! I was told on July 14, 2017, that my request was in review by a manager, and it will be zeroed out. I don"t trust them!

Any other company would have taken care of it by now, and send out a letter confirming your request to close the account. Whatever you do, DO NOT APPLY for any of their credit cards regardless of your credit status' it isn't worth it!

Product or Service Mentioned: Continental Finance Matrix Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 17, 2017.

Comments