1.1
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

i had a credit card with Continental Finance when they offered a card ( Matrix) as a Discover card in 2012.My credit was pretty bad, and I knew it would take some time to improve, so I paid the rip-off fee of $125.00 that was to be deducted from my initial credit line of $300.00, yes, I know...AWFUL!

I received the card, and paid the fees, and used it for the first six months, and then they changed it to MasterCard without my knowledge. I continued to use the card against all better judgment, and pay the $75.00 annual fee, and the $12.00 monthly maintenance fee, on-time and without fail. The credit limit only increased by $100.00 over a five year period! Oh, and the interest rate is 30.33%!

Needless to say, there are NO BENEFITS to having this card! If you do the math, I was paying $144.00 in monthly maintenance fees and $75.00 per year, to have a card that did nothing for me once my credit improved ( thanks to other credit card companies offering me credit... Capital One ! ) I am closing this account, and am monitoring them not to hold me responsible for an $87.00 balance, because I paid the balance in full on July 3, 2017!

A full month before the other fees kick in! I was told on July 14, 2017, that my request was in review by a manager, and it will be zeroed out. I don"t trust them!

Any other company would have taken care of it by now, and send out a letter confirming your request to close the account.Whatever you do, DO NOT APPLY for any of their credit cards regardless of your credit status' it isn't worth it!

Review about: Continental Finance Matrix Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Continental Finance?

Comments