I applied to surge credit card and a few days later received an email from them requesting additional information in order to be processed.They ask for a copy of my social security card- drive License, and a copy of utility bill.

I am scared to send this information. I have applied to company before and never had to send in any type of documentation. Why are they requesting this information? Who do I report this to?

This do not sound legal. I thought credit card companies had an auto generated system that verify information electronically.

Who ever reads this and have any feedback let me know.I do not want to get caught up in a scam.

Had an Experience with Continental Finance?

Comments

I think it is a scam also.I wouldn't do it.

I applied and not even 4 days later a card appears with what looks to be a MasterCard symbol but trust, I own many MCs and this isn't one.

Card states you MUST activate from a home phone and they ask all sorts of weirded out questions and requests an IP address when you try online.be aware!!!

Your instincts are correct.

DO NOT furnish this information electronically .

You're pretty bright but I'll repeat for other readers : DO NOT furnish ...

And check your computer for Trojans and viruses.